Friday 14 May 2010

What Is Alexa Page Rank ?

Early in this morning I was surprised when I took a glance at my blog – http://contentwriter-id.blogspot.com/ My Alexa Ranking is down (numbers shown at the widget is up about 5 thousands digits. If I am not mistaken, the rating has increased a couple days ago. I soon search the internet and find the explanation. What is Alexa page rank anyway? Here it is:
Alexa Traffic rank is a new tool following the introduction of the Google page rank system. Alexa gives each site and its relative pages a traffic rank which in theory shows how popular your site is on the internet.
Although the Alexa traffic rank is a lot easier to understand then the Google page rank system I feel it is important to explain how it works.
A brief description as follow :
The Alexa traffic is calculated from the millions of Alexa tollbars and their users. Each toolbar records what web sites you visit. This data is through to Alexa headquarters which is then sorted, counted and computed to produce the Alexa traffic rank that we see on our Alexa toolbars today.
The traffic rank is calculated from 3 months of historical traffic which comes from the millions of Alexa toolbars over the Internet.
The final figure is combined from measure of page views (the number of pages viewed by toolbar users) and users (percentage of all internet users who visit a given site).
Picture of Alexa traffic widget :
The easiest way to check the traffic rank of a site is to download the Alexa Toolbar which will tell you the traffic rank of a site when you surf the internet. I find this explanation from the web. You could also visit their official website at www.alexa.com for more explanation. Have a nice day Friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Forex robots.... I'll try my best.
    Regards.
    Writer

    ReplyDelete